Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas and comes from the natural breakdown (radioactive decay) of uranium. It is usually found in igneous rock and soil, but in some cases, well water may also be a source of radon.
Additional Resources and links to learn more about Radon:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – https://www.epa.gov/radon
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) – https://www.health.state.mn.us/radon
- American Cancer Society – https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/radon.html
- 2016 Consumers Guide to Radon Reduction – (pdf)
- 2016 Citizen’s Guide to Radon – (pdf)
- 2013 Basic Radon Facts – (pdf)